perl

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Mon Feb 20 15:35:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:48:33PM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 20/02/12 12:22, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> >On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:42:06AM +0000, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> >>How can I fix the file Config.pm ?
> >
> >You can't. The default search paths are hardcoded into the perl executable
> >at build time, so you'd have to rebuild the perl binary, or add a
> >     BEGIN { @INC = qw(foo bar baz) }
> >at the top of each script.
> >
> >But why do you want to do this? Although Fedora's choice of perl library
> >dirs is somewhat eccentric, is this actually causing you issues?
> >
> >Note also that on 64-bit fedora, perl binary modules are stored under
> >/usr/lib64/perl5, so removing that from @INC would break your perl
> >installation.
> >
> Well I suppose the OP was/is worried about the apparent mismatch
> between the two versions that appear in his post.  I would suggest
> uninstalling perl and then reinstalling it by yum or whatever; but
> again this is F14 and packages may not be easy to find.

The perl that comes with F14 is built with those paths, so reinstalling it
with yum won't make any difference.
The 5.10.0 version-specific directories are empty (on my F14 anyway), so
shouldn't affect anything, unless the OP has installed some modules
directly rather than via yum, using an old fedora 5.10.0 perl; then not
having deleted or reinstalled them since.

--
I before E. Except when it isn't.