Dracut unloaded\unneeded modules\drivers

Rick Stevens rstevens at corp.alldigital.com
Mon Feb 20 19:55:18 UTC 2012

On 02/20/2012 10:48 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 20/02/12 18:45, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> From "man dracut.conf":
>>
>> omit_dracutmodules+=" <dracut modules> "
>> Omit a space-separated list of dracut modules.
>>
>> So your first choice is the correct one (space separated).
>
> I missed that,
> however would it be "dm" or "dmraid"

My guess is "dmraid" if you're not using software RAID.  If you're using
any other device mapper stuff, then you surely want to keep the dm module.
-  "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick"  -
-     themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."       -
-                                  -- Winston Churchill              -