bootup stops here for 20+ seconds; why?

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Mon Feb 20 20:47:46 UTC 2012

Hi all,

First off, I'm using the eol'd f14.

In order to build a Xen machine I rolled my own xen-4.1 and kernel 3.0.0
(at the time the fedora kernel didn't have dom0 support built-in).

I see that booting pauses at "registering tcp NFSv4.1...".

In dmesg is "[19.291388] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel
transport module."  Next timestamp is 21 seconds later.

chkconfig --list (nfs|nfslock) both show all runlevels "off".

I'm still confused about nfs.  If I'm not going to provide nfs are there
services that shouldn't be started?

Can anybody shed and share some light on this?

TIA,
Mike Wright