Problems with webDAV and rsync

Rick Stevens rstevens at corp.alldigital.com
Mon Feb 20 23:34:50 UTC 2012

On 02/20/2012 03:01 PM, Jan Köster wrote:

>> I don't know if this would affect scp or sshfs. If they temporarily
>> mount the filesystem via davfs2 to do the move, this might affect it as
>> well. Just sharing what I've seen.
>
> Thanks for that. Hopefully the hoster knows what they are doing and can
> tell me if it depends on that.
>
> Maybe I should just cross check using my old Mac but don't know at all
> what kind of mounting mechanism Apple is using. If that's basing on
> davfs2 too I still can't blame it on the hoster.
> Any other ideas on testing this issue would be apreciated.

I can say that the folk here that use Macs (OSX, not sure which flavor)
seem to be able to use OwnCloud with no problems apparently, so it must
not chunk the authentication.

I'm the only guy who's purely Linux-based. They try to get me to switch
and I do have a functional Hackintosh (running a legit copy of OSX I
bought from Apple so I'm only a hardware pirate), but since I'm a Linux
developer it'd be rather silly for me to go Mac. I develop with F16,
but ensure stuff runs on CentOS and such by testing using PVMs and HVMs.