[SOLVED ... kinda? :] Re: xsane problem - also hp-setup w/ hp7510

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 21 22:39:52 UTC 2012

Paul Allen Newell:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_printing_problems

Tim Waugh:
> If you can see an improvement to be made to that page, please go ahead.

Unrelated to the original poster, but I can think of a small one.  At
the end of the page there is this:

 ------------- begin paste -------------

Other information to include
Be prepared to include some information about your system as well. Some
of this can be gathered automatically using the printing troubleshooter,
but you may also need to include other information such as:

      * the PPD file for the print queue (from the /etc/cups/ppd
        directory)
      * the document you are attempting to print -- if this is large,
        please try to see if the problem also occurs with a smaller
        document

You could have a sample file for them to try out, or suggest a specific
file that they'd already have on their system.  Some people have a
strange idea about what constitutes a *small* file.  ;-)  (It's only
50MB, I deal with bigger files than that, all the time...)  And it could
stop them from trying to test print from some broken document file.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.