[SOLVED ... kinda? :] Re: xsane problem - also hp-setup w/ hp7510

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 22 06:24:31 UTC 2012

On 2/21/2012 2:29 AM, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 21:01 -0800, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
>> I'm going through
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_printing_problems and not
>> seeing anything since I am getting stuff printed and the doc seems to be
>> directed at stuff not getting printed
> If you can see an improvement to be made to that page, please go ahead.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim.
> */

Tim:

Will do.

I think the issue of "how one got printing on one's machine" might
determine where debug help is needed. Given what I was able to get from
this list and what I could see on the web, it looks like if one is
dealing with an HP printer there are two ways. And, given that I
currently trying the hp-setup approach using material in the Fedora
repository (if that is the correct word), I am seeing that, as root, I
get nothing for lpinfo. And one of the suggestions in the document is to
run that to see what you get. The document doesn't address "what happens
if you can print but lpinfo/lpstat provide nothing.

Does this make any sense or am I clueless about something and, once
again, need someone to paint the obvious on the side of a big barn?

Paul