Hibernate: not enough swap space

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 22 09:22:13 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 21:33 -0800, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> This is a fresh install of Fedora 16 on a new laptop with 8GB memory.
> When I attempt to hibernate from the Session Menu I get a popup with
> the message:
>
> 10      484GB   493GB   9437MB  logical   linux-swap(v1)
>
> As you can see, I've allocated 9GB for swap.
>
> Any suggestions?

Not willing to do the math at the moment, but is it a rounding issue?
Are memory stick gigabytes the same as disk gigabytes?  Is your swap
space sufficiently large enough to avoid the difference?  (I recall
reading it needed to be at least as large as your RAM, but not how much
more would be a good idea.)  Is your swap space active and is the kernel
set to use it?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686