Network install of Fedora 16 problems

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 22 17:36:42 UTC 2012

I am having no luck trying to install Fedora 16, it hangs part way
through installation, then if a re-installation then tries to fix it, it
fails to boot from grub.

Removed an Advantages SCSI card
Tried increasing latency in BIS
Tried installing from network install CD
Tried installing from KDE Live CD
Tried install over prevision install
Tried install using whole drive

I can boot KDE Live CD in simple graphics mode

Currently I'm trying to use just the Fedora 16 repository, no updates.

If that fails I will disconnect the ATAPI Zip drive before retrying

This is disappointing as I was hoping Fedora 16 would solve the many
reported problems with Fedora 15.. Much as I like Fedora and have used
it since Fedora core  2, this must be the most number of difficulties
I've ever had, (Fedora 15+16)) that I have not found a remedy.

Here's to hoping Fedora 17 eventually returns to the stability of Fedora 14

If anyone has had similar problems that they managed to remedy, I'd love
to here what you did. Unfortunately, as this is a tedious time consuming
thing to do I'm not prepared to provide more detailed information, or
attempt to do so, as past experience trying to do so was a somewhat
unpleasant.

Regards

cpp4ever