Fedora 16 Stuck on Welcome Screen

J.T. Blaylock jblaylock at mymacmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:19:39 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I have a fresh Fedora 16 64 bit KDE install from DVD iso on USB. It boots
up to the "Welcome" screen but when I click "Forward" to proceed to the
license information screen the button darkens like it's been pressed and
just stays like that. The cursor hangs briefly and returns to normal but
the button stays "pressed" and nothing happens having waited long enough to
try and find a solution on Google (i.e. several minutes). If it matters and
I suspect it does I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580. FWIW I had the same
problem on GNOME a while ago but gave up.

Like I said this is a fresh installation with no personal data whatsoever
so I have no problem trashing it aside from the time it takes to reinstall.
I am dual booting with Windows 7 and preferably that install doesn't get
involved in the scuffle.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.