Adobe and Google Partnering for Flash Player on Linux

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 20:53:20 UTC 2012

Joe Zeff wrote:
> Why?  All of the Microsoft fanbois will have it and you'll be able
> to use it on your Mac.  Like it or not, that's well over 90% of the
> market, and to Adobe, that's all that matters.

Not any more: they’ve never had Flash on iPhone or iPad, a lot of
Android devices don’t have it, and Adobe have already announced that
they’re going to stop developing it for Android. And I understand
Microsoft won’t allow Flash on Windows 8 on ARM.

That means no Flash on mobiles, and no Flash on tablets. These days,
that’s well over 10% of the market, and more in the future.

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "I blame the teachers, and I blame the politicians for
aprilcottage.co.uk | picking the teachers, and I blame the parents for voting