Scan does not work on either F-16 box -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 23 20:09:25 UTC 2012

        this is an up to date F-16/64 bit computer. I reported last week
        that my trusty HP 5370 scanner didn't work, finally concluding
        that it must have met it's end. Today I received a new Canon
        LIDE 110 which according to a Sane list I found is supposed to
        work. It does not, lsusb shows:

            [bobg at box6 ~]$ lsusb
            Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
            Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
            Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
            Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
            Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04a9:1909 Canon, Inc. CanoScan LiDE 110
            Bus 002 Device 002: ID 046d:c408 Logitech, Inc. Marble Mouse
            (4-button)

        Fedora still reports "no devices available" the same as with the
        HP 5370. I suppose that it's possible that the required driver
        is not included in Fedora-16 but I don't know how to determine
        what is, at least I haven't yet.

        This is one of those things that usually just works and now it's
        becoming a science project! Am I the only one with this problem.
        I have two F-16/64 computers and both respond the same way.

        Help would be greatly appreciated.

        Bob