Adobe and Google Partnering for Flash Player on Linux

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 23 22:30:57 UTC 2012

On 2012/02/23 12:01, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/23/2012 10:20 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
>> To me, that's pretty much a case of being off Windows except when its
>> the right tool.
>
> Not everybody *can* be 100% Windows free. My post was to show that under the
> right circumstances it's not only possible, it's easy. And, as far as Totem
> goes, there are other media programs that might work. Have you tried them?

Some programs will never appear on Open Source platforms, Joe. There are no
talented programmers interested in putting the programs on Open Source with
no income while they do it. Nobody is willing to pay the programmers to move
the programs to Open Source. These are typically niche market programs. They
often have a long Windows or Apple legacy, though. And they are the bread
and butter for the people who distribute them. So being 100% windows or Apple
free is a forlorn hope if you want to include "everybody". (And what's this
nonsense of only worrying about Windows free? Apple is "good guys", hunh?
Let's hear people giving Apple equal time to Windows for their hatred.)

{^_-}