Installing GCC-4.3.0 in Fedora 16

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 19:11:59 UTC 2012

R Logeshwaran wrote:
> Hi I'm a research scholar doing my research in networking for that i use
> NS-2 package (ns-allinone-2.29). it will work good in Fedora-9 which uses
> GCC-4.3.
> My system is a new one it is not possible for me to install Fedora-9. So i
> have installed Fedora 16, but now NS.2.29 is not working in fedora 16 since
> the GCC compiler is 4.6.
> so i need a solution to downgrade gcc to 4.3.0 version. else solution to
> run NS2.29 in fedora16
> please help me...

You’ve had some good suggestions: one other would be to install Fedora 9
or a RHEL 5 rebuild (such as Centos 5) in a virtual machine, and see if
that works.

Another would be to use the compat-gcc package.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "Land Rover say it is permanent, I say I have a large
aprilcottage.co.uk | selection of spanners and a big hammer..."