Slideshow creator

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 20:05:32 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM, nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I read your name on the bugzilla report. Do you have the info when
>>> (if) a binary for F15 will be available anytime soon?
>>
>> Not sure yet. I'm looking into what's necessary to create a companion
>> package at RPM Fusion since we have a policy against duplicating
>> packages that already exist in Fedora.
>
> If you can't split it out into a plugin, shipping an uncrippled
> "imagination-freeworld" package in RPMFusion should be okay.  That's
> what audacity and several other packages have to do.

The problem is not with imagination itself, but in sox which
imagination uses for audio. The version in Fedora is built with MP3
support disabled for obvious reasons. I've already created a
sox-freeworld package and tested it locally and it seems to work. I'm
working out the details now since I'm going to try and support AMB
(Adaptive Multi-Rate) audio as well but that will have to go in the
non-free repository in RPM Fusion.

I'll post a link to the review request(s) when they're ready.

Richard