Scan does not work on either F-16 box -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Feb 27 19:43:33 UTC 2012

On 26/02/12 11:20, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 09:52:40 -0500, BG (Bob) wrote:
>
>>          I always have "rhgb disabled" and display as much information as
>>          I can get, use the "text log-in", start from the command line
>>          with "startx" every morning,
> Congratulations, you've just found a test-case! :-) " boot plus
> startx are enough to reproduce the problem (with XFCE at least).

            Well then it is a problem caused by configuration changes I
            made, but those are things I've done for a number of Fedora
            versions, in fact I believe I became accustomed to
            "Run-level 3" with RH-5.2 and can't recall ever using the
            graphic log-in any longer than necessary beyond perhaps
            initial start-up.

            I should have mentioned that with F-16 I decided not to use
            LVM either, created directories instead.

            Anyway I'm not going to go restore the original log-in to
            get xsane to run as a user. I'm not sure where to go next or
            if it's even worth further effort, chances are it will be
            different again with F-17.

            Bob

.