FirewallD is not running. (fwd)

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Mon Feb 27 20:38:21 UTC 2012

On Feb 27, 2012 1:30 PM, "Patrick Dupre" <patrick.dupre at york.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could I get some comments about my email.
> Should I clarify teh point?
>
> Thank for your help.
>
> --
> ---
>  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
>  Department of Chemistry            |   |  Phone: (44)-(0)-1904-434384
>  The University of York             |   |  Fax:   (44)-(0)-1904-432516
>  Heslington                         |   |
>  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |  email: patrick.dupre at york.ac.uk

> Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 22:32:19 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Patrick Dupre <patrick.dupre at york.ac.uk>
> To: Fedora List <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Subject: FirewallD is not running.
>
> Hello,
>
> When I try to share a printer and run add a new printer, I get:
> FirewallD is not running. Network printer detection needs services mdns,
ipp, ipp-client and samba-client enabled on firewall.

> I do not see any service like FirewallD.
>
> On the client I run:
> Samba client
> mDNS
> IPP (client)
> samba clienr
>
> on the server:
> IPP server
> samba
> samba server
>

> Am I missing something?
>

> Thank.
>
> --
> ---
>
> --

Hey Patrick,

You could indeed clarify.  What are you trying to accomplish, what tools
are you using, and how does the effort fail?

I could speculate that you should install and start firewalld, or you
should enter the IP of your printer directly into system-config-printer to
work around scanning for it.  I won't because I don't have much context
from you.

--pete