when "yum distro-sync" downgrades a package, it says "Installing", not "Downgrading"

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 28 22:39:05 UTC 2012

When yum distro-sync updates some packages and downgrades others, during the
transaction it says "Updating  :" for the updated packages, but "Installing  :"
for the downgraded ones. Is there a reason for that? I would only expect to see
"Installing  :" for a newly installed package.

(I considered posting this on the test list, since distro-sync is more commonly
used there, but it's not exclusive to test releases.)