[mosty OT] trollfilter software

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sun Jan 1 09:43:09 UTC 2012

On 01.01.2012, Craig White wrote:

> POP3 for a typical mail client is for people who are mired in the 1990's
> and thus slavishly move mail from computer to computer, program to
> program, either out of ignorance for a better way or just lack
> imagination.

So far, I can't see that you provide any proof/evidence for your
statement, which means that it's worth nothing.

I for myself am subscribed to a bunch of high traffic mailing
lists. Leaving all the mail on the providers server will soon bring up
quota, telling the mailserver that there is no more space left. Easy
to see what happens: all the "no space left" mails will bounce,
causing the listserver to remove my subscription on those lists.

Besides, I prefer to have all my mail here on my own systems,
making me able to read in situations without energy or access to the
net.