Error mount NFS -- nfs4_get_rootfh

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jan 2 04:30:18 UTC 2012

On 01/02/2012 12:06 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 01/02/2012 11:56 AM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
>> Hmmmm ... well, I blew that. I removed (rm -rf) the entry in /
>> nfsexports for /usr/local. And away went the entire directory. What was
>> the correct method?
> Ahhh....no.   The entries in /nfs4exports were the results of the "mount
> --bind".  You should have simply done an "umount".

I should not try to answer while watching the NY Giants playing the
Cowboys.....

What I meant to say was that "after the directory entries were created a
"mount" was performed to mount the directory that is going to be
exported.  So, you needed to unmount the file system first.

Hope you didn't lose too much.

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless