rEFIt and fedora 16 install

Patrick Oltmann patrick.oltmann at gmx.net
Mon Jan 2 10:40:29 UTC 2012

Hy Matt

I'm not sure about F16 since it use grub2, but for the previous releases
including F15 gptsync was necessary to produce a MBR that (somehow) resembled
the content of the GPT (F<=15 use grub legacy, which cannot handle GPT
partition tables but only the traditional MBR). You can start gptsync from the
rEFIt boot menu, AFAIK there is no need for an additional boot disk. The
option for that is called "Start partioning tool" in the second row of the
rEFIt selection screen.

HTH, best

Patrick