Desktop "stickiness" under Fedora-16/KDE

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Mon Jan 2 12:34:19 UTC 2012

Genes MailLists wrote:

>>>   K-menu->System Settings-> Desktop Search
>>
>> As a matter of interest, what is lost if one does this (as I have).
[turn off "Enable Nepomuk Semantic Desktop"]
>> Presumably running strigi indexing must have some benefit?
>>

>   Desktop search:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigi
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEPOMUK_(framework)
> http://nepomuk.kde.org/
> http://dot.kde.org/2007/04/11/road-kde-4-strigi-and-file-information-
extraction

>   And others ...

I've looked at these,
and while the idea behind nepomuk ("semantic desktop")
seems quite interesting, there doesn't seem to be anything
that would help me in my perhaps simple-minded use of Fedora/KDE.
And there do seem a number of problems associated with nepomuk/strigi.

Do you have a concrete application you have used nepomuk/strigi for?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net