IPv6 tunnel doesn't start on boot

Juan j.orti.alcaine at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 21:05:32 UTC 2012

Hello, I have configured a IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel with tunnelbroker.net as
seen here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_setup_tunnel_broker_via_Hurricane_Electric#Network_configuration_file

It works well, but I can't make it to start at boot although it has the
option ONBOOT=yes. Is this normal? Maybe it needs NetworkManager to
start the real interface before bring this online, but I doubt it. Any
help? or do I fill a bug report?

Also, I would like to control the radvd daemon when the interface goes
up or down. But as I have seen, the option IPV6_CONTROL_RADVD only is in
effect with 6to4 tunnels because of a limitation of the init scripts.
Are there any workaround for this?

I think there is space for improvement here, NetworkManager should take
care of this.
Any advice is welcome.
Thank you.