Fedora 16 test

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 3 11:10:10 UTC 2012

I just spent this evening playing with the Fedora 16 live iso on a dvd.

Wow!

I find the gui very easy to understand and use, don't like the huge
glunky icons though!
Shutdown is simple - <alt> click.
It found my Fuji Xerox laser printer by it'self, I've not had a Linux
install do that for a long tme, always been a manual search and install!
It printed pdf files, something that Ubuntu hasn't done on my pc for a
very long time.
The Hard drive manager is great.
Nouveau video driver works well with the Nvidia gtx8600 card- haven't
tried Blender3d yet though.
Fedora 14 Virtual Box locks up the computer if I try to install Fedora
16, nothing works.
Hard drive installation tool seems very neat and easy to use, as usual.

Just a couple of questions about clean installing over Fedora 14.
Is there an option for it to not overwrite the home and /var/www/html
directories?
Don't like the font rendering, pretty glunky with Bitstream charter and
the default font. Is there a way to improve font rendering?
Are there any gotchas to look out for.

Thanks fedora, good job
Roger