IPv6 tunnel doesn't start on boot

nullv at gmx.com nullv at gmx.com
Tue Jan 3 14:13:41 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Hiisi
Sent: 01/03/12 09:13 AM
To: Community support for Fedora users
Subject: Re: IPv6 tunnel doesn't start on boot

 Dumb question: do you have networking service enabled? Sorry for top-posting, I'm using cellphone to post to the list. On 03/01/2012, Juan <j.orti.alcaine at gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, I have configured a IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel with tunnelbroker.net as > seen here: > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_setup_tunnel_broker_via_Hurricane_Electric#Network_configuration_file > > It works well, but I can't make it to start at boot although it has the > option ONBOOT=yes. Is this normal? Maybe it needs NetworkManager to > start the real interface before bring this online, but I doubt it. Any > help? or do I fill a bug report? > > Also, I would like to control the radvd daemon when the interface goes > up or down. But as I have seen, the option IPV6_CONTROL_RADVD only is in > effect with 6to4 tunnels because of a limitation of the init scripts. > Are there any workaround for this? > > I think there is space for improvement here, NetworkManager should take > care of this. > Any advice is
  welcome. > Thank you. > -- Hiisi. Registered Linux User #487982. Be counted at: http://counter.li.org/ -- Spandex is a privilege, not a right. -- users mailing list users at lists.fedoraproject.org To unsubscribe or change subscription options: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 Here's my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-sit1 config:

 DEVICE=sit1
 BOOTPROTO=none
 ONBOOT=yes
 IPV6INIT=yes
 IPV6TUNNELIPV4=64.62.134.130
 IPV6ADDR=2001:470:eda::2/64
 NM_CONTROLLED=no
 DNS1=2001:470:20::2
 DNS2=74.82.42.42

 additionally i have in my /etc/sysconfig/network

 IPV6_CONTROL_RADVD=yes
 IPV6_DEFAULTDEV=sit1
 IPV6INIT=yes
 IPV6FORWARDING=yes

 it works for me.

 also try

 systemctl enable network.service

 just to make sure that the network service is set to run on boot in systemd