rsync a cloned dual boot SSD drive for backup ? Catastrophic SSD future failure recovery ideas.

linux guy linuxguy123 at
Tue Jan 3 20:53:05 UTC 2012

Some relevant links.

I want a complete bootable clone when I'm done, but I don't want to
copy file errors onto the clone.

I'm thinking that I could set up the SSD and then clone it to the backup HD.

After that I could run rsync each night to keep the clone sync'd with the SSD.

Would that work ?

Will dd clone the entire drive, including the Windows installation and
the boot partition ?

Does dd have any requirements other than the destination partition has
to be greater than the source partition ?

Will rsync copy the Windows 7 partition ?

Thanks !