dumb question

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 4 07:59:27 UTC 2012

On 1/3/2012 11:42 PM, Marvin Kosmal wrote:

> HI
>
> Sorry..
>
> My bad...
>
> The make is +x..
>
> Marivn

Marvin and Ed:

Though I really appreciate both of your replies, I am looking at them
and seeing that Marvin is saying it needs to be "+x" and Ed is saying it
doesn't. I ran a test and "-x" seems to work.

For questions on my syntax of "*.sh", I have believed since my earliest
days that a shell file (be it ".sh", ".csh", ".tcsh", or ".bash") that
it has to be "+x" as it is an executable. If I am incorrect, I would
love to know, though it may take me a day or two to adjust to the news
that the earth shifted polarity (smile)

Thanks,
Paul