dumb question

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jan 4 08:11:59 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 04:07 PM, Marvin Kosmal wrote:
> And I agree with you.. When I write shell scripts I use a .sh
> extension.  Just to make it easy on myself.. It help me identify .sh
> from .txt files..

My point is simply that .sh or any other extension is meaningless to the
OS.  It may be helpful to the humans.  FWIW, I never use extensions.
Just not something that I find necessary.  I also found it confused some
people coming from the M$ world.  Again, just my practice.

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless