Anyone tried installing Fedora on the EEE 900

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:32:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
> I've got an old Asus EEE PC 900 model, with the original, ancient Ubuntu on
> it, whose fate I'm pondering. Has anyone tried installing Fedora on its 4GB
> SSD drive. That should be big enough to accomodate the live image, I'd
> think, the only unknown factor is whether the stock Fedora kernel will know
> what to do with the funky SSD drive in that thing.

I had up to Fedora 15 installed on my old EEEPC 701. I booted a live
distro to create all my partitions manually and had to work around the
swap requirement (I think I used a USB stick which I later removed and
also removed the entry from fstab.)

I would think it would run fine, but not sure about the functionality
of any special buttons.

Richard