Neal Becker Software Package..?

Christina Salls christina.salls at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 4 15:54:02 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Dennis Kaptain <dkaptain at yahoo.com.mx>wrote:

> >> Either the moderators ban this user, or I'm unsubscribing. The
> >> signal-to-noise ratio is just too low at the moment and it's wasting
> >> my time.
> >
> >Most people already left for fedora forum and the like. The list is
> >basically not managed so its useless. If you want to fix that you need
> >to take it up with the fedora board I believe.
> >
> >Alan
> >--
> >

> Alan,
>

> Things are not as bleak as you seem to think. I am a regular reader and
> occasional contributor to this list and have been for years.  True, from
> time to time we attract some world class trolls. But I have learned more
> about Linux, Fedora, and computers in general from this list than any other
> single source. I've seen people ask questions, some very technical ones, on
> a very wide variety of Linux/Fedora topics and get good answers within
> minutes.
>

> This list is far from useless. It's a fantastic resource and I want to
> thank everyone here for all the help they have given me either directly to
> my questions or indirectly through helping someone else.
>

> Dennis
> --

I agree with Dennis.  I keep a file of useful threads that I expect to need
someday.  Just reading through many of the discussions has been useful.
 Thanks to everyone who patiently documents the steps to solve some of
these issues.  I also found some of this user's posts to be interesting,
but obviously she does not stay on subject well.  I will continue to read
posts on this list, and hopefully contribute something useful at some point.

Christina