Neal Becker Software Package..?

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Jan 4 16:10:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 03:38:15PM +0000, JB wrote:
> Olav Vitters <olav <at> vitters.nl> writes:
> > On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 11:27:11AM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > Most people already left for fedora forum and the like. The list is
> > > basically not managed so its useless. If you want to fix that you need
> > > to take it up with the fedora board I believe.
> >
> > FWIW, I'm willing to moderate (after effect, doesn't have to be done
> > before the post arrives to the mailing list). I do so already for GNOME.
> >
> > Anyone know whom in Fedora decides this / hands out / approves listadmin
> > permissions? In GNOME I just do because I am able (sysadmin).
>
> Olav,
> with all due respect ...

Sure about that? :P

> Because you are GNOME list moderator, does not qualify you to be one for this
> list.

It seems you missed the "FWIW, I'm willing" in above quote?

For anyone reading along: At the Desktop Summit at least 10 people
thanked me personally for the moderation I do on the GNOME mailing
lists. Also get a thanks in the presentation of the GNOME foundation
meeting (during GUADEC & Desktop Summit).

> As a matter of fact, you should distance yourself from GNOME after all that
> DE garbage they delivered to Fedora users, all over the world.

I do not see the link between this and "with all due respect".

> So, thank you, but NO thank you !

I see your email more as encouragement than anything
else[1]

Anyway, if anyone could just reply to my question ("who decides").. more
constructive.

--
Regards,
Olav