Another Fedora 16 + Gnome 3.2 question!?

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 22:01:40 UTC 2012

Around 09:16pm on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 (UK time), Robert Moskowitz scrawled:

> On 01/04/2012 04:04 PM, William Case wrote:
> >How do I get rid of the Universal Access icon in the upper right hand
> >corner/panel?  Googled but seems every distribution has a different
> >answer.  How do I get rid of it in Fedora 16, preferably using the
> >icon-manage extension in dconf-editor if there is such away.  Nothing I
> >have tried seems to work.  Everything found on the internet is either
> >out of date or doesn't work.
>
> And I disabled the universal access in the settings and it is STILL there.

Assuming you mean the accessibility icon. This is how I do it.

Edit /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/panel.js and comment out the 'a11y':
imports.ui.status.accessibility.ATIndicator line.

//    'a11y': imports.ui.status.accessibility.ATIndicator,

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com
Twitter:  @ReddishShift

 21:59:49 up 5 days,  9:06,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.01, 0.00