Neal Becker Software Package..?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Thu Jan 5 00:19:52 UTC 2012

JB wrote:

> That is not to say that ""Linda"'s actions should be ignored.
> But we should not throw out the baby with the water. First you throw out
> a trouuble maker, later your "opponent", and after a w hile you are the
> only one left on the list.
> We can survive "Linda" on this list.

I don't agree.
I can certainly put up with Linda's posts, which I do not normally read.

But I think that when someone posts personal remarks that might damage
someone else's reputation it is appropriate to bar the poster
from a mailing list or newsgroup, if feasible.

Incidentally, I don't think the nonsense-to-sense ratio on this list
is inordinately high.
I read the sci.math list, which is at least 90% gibberish.
I'd put the ratio here at under 10%.
(I don't include OT postings, like this one;
they are largely a matter of opinion.)

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net