Error mount NFS -- nfs4_get_rootfh

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jan 5 07:11:18 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 02:59 PM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:

OK....  Trimming a bit.....

You are on the client...and you did a telnet to the client's port 2049
and you got a connection...

> On client (pvr)
> root at pvr[159]->telnet pvr 2049
> Trying 192.168.10.4...
> Connected to pvr.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> ^]
>
> telnet> quit
> Connection closed.

BUT.....earlier I asked....

So, on "pvr" what do you get when you type this as root?
systemctl is-enabled nfs-server.service

and you came back with

"disabled".

So, I can't understand (unless you subsequently started the service on
the client) how you can get a connection.

I'm getting to the point of being utterly confused about what you're doing.

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless