Very frustrated with F16

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:27:30 UTC 2012

I just installed F16 as a VM under VMware.  After booting up and installing
all the updates I cannot find the 2 system config settings that are present
in F14.

Specifically the Windows and Startup Applications config items.  The first
allows me to configure windows so that they become active as soon as the
mouse enters them.  The second allows me to setup my configuration so that
all applications that were running at the time I log out are automatically
started the next time I login.  Where are these configuration items?  The
Windows one used to be part of the control-panel package, but it's no
longer there.

Note I am not running gnome-shell since it failed to start so I'm running
in fall back mode.

Paolo