Adding Menu items in gnome3 of F16

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Jan 6 14:03:19 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at pomec.net> wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I would like to add some simple menu items in gnome3 of F16, and have
> not figured out how to do this yet.  I tried alacarte, but it is broken
> giving me a message that gmenu has not been installed.  There is no
> gmenu to install from yum.
>
> At this point all I would like to do is to set up a couple of menu
> choices for alternate start ups of konsole.
>
> If any of you have some tutorial starting places I would certainly
> appreciate your advice.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Ennis

made a executable shell script to do what you want, then add a menu
item in /usr/share/applications
every menu items in this folder will be shown in overview mode in
gnome3 and can be added to favorites and dock by simple right click.
a simple menu item in this folder looks like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=AnyApplication
GenericName=Terminal