F16-X86_64-Live-KDE won't boot on XPS 17

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Sat Jan 7 05:45:48 UTC 2012

On 06 January 2012 at 5:31pm, Linux guy wrote:
> I get the boot parameters when I press Tab with grub2.

Fedora 15 uses grub1.  I know nothing about using grub2.

> Here is what its using.
> vmlinuz0 initrd=initrd0.img root=live:UUID=xxxx rootfstype=vfat ro
> live img quiet rhgb rd.luks=0 rd.md=0 rd.dm=0

My boot parms are different from your because I have
disabled nouveau and am running Nvidia's binary driver.  Also I have
have reboot=pci to allow warm reboot.  I don't think any of this is
relavant to your inability to boot.

> Should I change anything ?

I don't know. I am not familiar with live usb boots.