Neal Becker Software Package..?

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Sat Jan 7 20:57:12 UTC 2012

On 01/07/2012 09:12 AM, Tim wrote:
> Yes, they have the potential for archiving and search, but having to go
> to them, instead of messages coming to you, makes them vastly inferior
> for many people.

This is the main point for me. Mail lists come to me - I belong to ten
currently, but it's been more. The idea of having to go and log in to
ten different forum sites on a regular basis is not something I welcome.
I sort of see your point about Newsgroups since you can aggregate them
in one window and do the other things you mention. I used to be very
active on Newsgroups back in the 90's till mail lists started getting
traction - I can't remember what made me conclude that mail lists were
better at some point...it seems to me it had something to do with wild,
wild west vs. increased civility _g_

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA