Neal Becker Software Package..?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jan 7 23:24:21 UTC 2012

On 01/07/2012 02:01 PM, jdow wrote:

> Seriously, Joe, you miss his point. Forget the login straw man. That is not
> the issue. The issue is the clumsy navigation to get to 20 different fora
> and then to each new thread you are interested in, which few forums
> remember
> for you.

As I may have written before, I've never found web fora to be the
slightest bit clumsy, unless whoever set it up went out of their way to
make it so.  In fact, I rather enjoy going to a support forum and
browsing through the various boards looking for threads I might find
interesting.  If you don't like them, don't use them, but there are
enough people using them, IMAO, to prove that they're not useless for
everybody.  And, the main reason I made a point out of the login issue
was to show that it wasn't true for most people, eliminating it, I
hoped, from the list of reasons to avoid them.