Neal Becker Software Package..?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jan 8 00:21:26 UTC 2012

On 01/07/2012 04:01 PM, jdow wrote:
> Most are
> dreadful, like the Mozilla fora structure. You often can easily find a
> dozen
> people asking the same question and no answers.

Not only that, on the Mozilla forum, if you do get a reply, almost half
the time it won't be relevant to your question, or will tell you how to
do something you said in your original question that you'd tried
already.  At that, it's better than the Gnome forum I found; for all
practical purposes, I found it to be a "write only" group because nobody
ever bothered answering anybody's questions.

However, both the Fedora and XFCE forum are quite good.  You generally
get at least one answer in under a day, if anybody happens to be able to
help.  And, the Ubuntu forum, which I check out once in a while to help
my sister is so active that it's rare to see an unanswered thread on the
first page that's over about two hours old or so.  And, if you really
need help with XFCE, one of the forum regulars describes himself as a
"Core Developer," giving us almost direct access to the XFCE devs.

This is why, on occasion, I'll point somebody to the Fedora Forum, but
I'd never point one to the Gnome forum I know of because that would be
wasting the poster's valuable time.