Further annoyances with F16

Shibi zzgraph at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 14:06:54 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed gnome-tweak-tool so I could fix mouse behavior.  When I select
> Applications->Accessories->Advanced Settings and then choose Desktop it
> shows the following:
>
> Have file manager handle the desktop      off
> Computer Icon visible on desktop             on
> Home icon visible on desktop                   on
> Network Servers icon visible on desktop   off
> Trash icon visible on desktop                   on
> Show mounted volumes on the desktop     on
>

> I logout and login again and nothing shows up on the desktop.  Even if I
> drag an application from the menu to the desktop it doesn't show up.  I can
> drag an application from the menu to the top panel but only there.  In F14 I
> could choose either the panel or the desktop.
>
> So is there a way to get stuff to show up on the desktop?

Turn "Have file manager handle the desktop" on
then everything is gonna be alright. and there's no need to login
logout in gnome3

> Paolo
>
> --

Shahab Shahsavari Alavidjeh
شهاب شهسواری علویجه
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
Weblog: http://piamak.wordpress.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/zzgraph