Recovering forensic data from a failed boot

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jan 8 19:49:22 UTC 2012

On 01/08/2012 11:28 AM, Kernel Guardian wrote:
> Maybe could help to boot into runlevel 3, and turn on debug on in
> systemd. Or try to boot into single user.

Thank you.  I hadn't known about debug (I presume I could do that while
running the old kernel and then try booting the newer one?)  Single
user's also a good idea.  It hadn't occurred to me that it would save
that much state.  I won't have time to play with it until at least
tomorrow, but when I do, I'll report back.