converting base64 emails back to text

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 10 13:13:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 22:06 +0000, g wrote:
> now that fedora project has started sending emails as;

> is there a way to convert emails back to text so that local searching
> of emails can be done?

You could pipe your mail through a local mailserver, one that transcodes
on the way through.  Various mail/list servers do that, and you can do
just the same thing, but picking the output encoding that you want used.

I have to say, though, that I haven't noticed it sending mails in that
encoding.  I do look at message sources, from time to time, and base64
has been a bit of a rarity.

Is it this server doing it?  Often, one the mail headers will mention a
transcoding, and you can see which one did it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.