Just some appreciation

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 11 09:02:55 UTC 2012

On 11/01/12 03:06, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
>> Make sure it's not set to work in Offline Mode.  My copy keeps resetting
>> that every time it restarts and so far I haven't gotten it to stop.
>
> Browse to "about:config" and set "network.manage-offline-status" to "false".
>
> IIRC this happens when you use the network service instead of
> NetworkManager.  Firefox queries NetworkManager for the offline
> status, and thinks you're offline when it's not in use.  Setting that
> option prevents Firefox from doing this.
>
> -T.C.

Noticed this useful little nugget of information, so I'd just like to
thank T.C and their like for helping folks with their Fedora problems.

Still not updated from F14, (had problems with Advansys SCSI card on
F15), but will be trying the F16 KDE spin. F16 KDE spin certainly
appears to work fine on my laptop, even with hybrid SLi enabled!!

cpp4ever