no internet connection with Fedora16

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Jan 11 18:42:09 UTC 2012

On 01/11/2012 05:34 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> The
> Firefox maintainers have chosen to assume that most users are not
> going to mess with the innards of networking scripts, and that letting
> NM manage connections is the most prudent move if you have to make one
> choice for everyone.

There are ways to check if you're online or not that don't depend on a
specific service.  If nothing else you try to connect and see what
happens.  This is much more reliable than assuming that everybody does
things the same way you do.  It's just like the reason I always nuke
Update Manager: it's very good at finding updates, then telling me it's
offline when I want them installed.