cannot reach F16 box via ssh

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Wed Jan 11 18:58:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 15:43 +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 15:44:49 PM +0100, Emilio Lopez wrote:
> >
> Basically, it's like we had unplugged the ethernet cable going to the
> router/ADSL modem from the old pc running Ubuntu (which accepted and
> handled incoming ssh connection without problems) and then plugged it
> into this new box running F16, with sshd configured as in my original.
>
> I understand what you are saying, but how could have the above changed
> router NAT?

Maybe it still thinks the other box is the same IP, maybe due to the MAC
address and not using the new one?  Could check the router and the dhcp
reservation/table section and see if it's being recognized?  Does it
have correct IP or using something different and router not sending to
correct one?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY