More on date/time format problems

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jan 12 12:44:33 UTC 2012

WRT my system's date/time display on the top panel changing to 24hr format.

I just finally realized that when I lock my system, the date/time on the
top panel is in the 24hr format and when I unlock it it switches back to
the selected AP/PM format.  So what is PROBABLY happening is one time I
unlock, it does not switch back.

I cannot find any place to set the date/time format for a locked
system.  When I lock my system (via user panel option of <ctl-alt-l>) my
screen goes "black" (it is still 'on' until screen saver timer turns it
'off', you can see this with the lights off in the room) it displays a
top panel with only the date/time and user name.

So is this a bug with the locked panel NOT using the same format as the
unlocked panel?  Obviously there is an intermitent problem of the system
loosing track of things.  And as I think back, once it gets confused,
locking then unlocking does not reset it.  Only the <alt-F2>r has so far
reset the date/time format.