Moodle on Fedora 16

Remi Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Jan 12 13:02:23 UTC 2012

> Error, cannot continue, php-zip is missing. I yum search for
> it,
> and it is not on any repository. I confirmed it does not exist in any
> repo, so.... well, here I am now.

zip extension have been removed from fedora php packages because of an Guidelines violation (about bundled Libraries), and exception was denied for this package.

2 quite simple solutions
- pecl install zip (well, will requires a lots -devel stuff)
- use remi repo (backport from fedora with zip extension enabled)

I understand this are not real good solution...

I still think exception should be reconsidered.

Remi.