Reading Linux files from Windows?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Jan 12 13:23:39 UTC 2012

I have a dual boot system on my laptop -
Fedora-16 and Windows XP.

I'm wondering if there is any Windows application that allows one
to read and write files on a Fedora partition?
(As of course one can do in the opposite direction.)

Before advising me to wash my mouth out with soap and water,
allow me to explain the reason for my query.

I recently acquired a Samsung Smart TV (model D5520).
This has a facility for looking at photos on a PC using Picasa.
I tried briefly using Picasa under Wine,
but this seemed to fail at both ends (Linux and TV).

So it seems the easiest solution would be to call on
my rarely used Windows system.
I could of course move the pictures to the Windows partition,
but I wondered if there was an alternative solution
along the lines I have described?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net