Fc16 printer not running

david walcroft dwalcroft at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 12 23:32:08 UTC 2012

I have just done a Fc16 x86_64 minimal install,I could not print
so I tried installing "hplip" for my HP psc2110,to my surprise it
installed as I thought it was installed during the Fc16 minimal install.
  I get this error on using systemctl.

[david at reddwarf ~]$ su -c '/sbin/systemctl start cups.service'
Password:
bash: /sbin/systemctl: No such file or directory
[david at reddwarf ~]$ su -c systemctl start cups.service
su: user start does not exist
[david at reddwarf ~]$ su -c 'cupsctl LogLevel=debug2'
Password:
cupsctl: Unable to connect to server: Connection refused
[david at reddwarf ~]$

I also tried to enter Cups admin via "http://localhost:631/admin" but
received a 'cannot connect to server' error.

I tried -

[david at reddwarf ~]$ service cups restart
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl  restart cups.service
Failed to issue method call: Access denied

I also tried 'system config printer' but only had a 'start server' button

Thanks   david