Fc16 printer not running

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Jan 12 23:42:25 UTC 2012

On 01/12/2012 03:32 PM, david walcroft wrote:
> I have just done a Fc16 x86_64 minimal install,I could not print
> so I tried installing "hplip" for my HP psc2110,to my surprise it
> installed as I thought it was installed during the Fc16 minimal install.

The hplip package is only needed if you're using a printer from HP.  Why
would you expect it to be included in a *minimal* installation?

> [david at reddwarf ~]$ su -c systemctl start cups.service
> su: user start does not exist

su -c 'systemctl start cups.service'

I've had it bashed into my head enough times that su will always
misunderstand the rest of the command line if there's any spaces in it
to make it automatic for me to enclose things in ticks.